Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NwdOut, AutoCAD 2008 and AutoPLANT XM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jgarza1976
872 Views, 3 Replies

NwdOut, AutoCAD 2008 and AutoPLANT XM

Why will the NWDOUT command not work in AutoCAD 20008? It will work in AutoCAD 2006 with AutoPLANT XM loaded. It will not work in AutoCAD 2008. I get a Fatal Error everytime I try it. Any ideas? We have NW v5 installed.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: jgarza1976

Hi there,

The most likely explanation is that AutoCAD 2008 was installed after installing Jetstream v5. Exporters will only be installed if a matching program is found at the time of installation. If so, modify your v5 installation through Add/Remove Programs and select the AutoCAD 2008 exporter plugin.

If that is not the case, then you'll need to check that the appropriate files and registry entries are in place. Ensure that there is a file nwexport2008.arx on your machine and under the registry entries for AutoCAD you have a key of the following sort of form: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\RXX.X\ACAD-XXXX:XXX\Applications\Navisworks5. The strings under that key should point to that ARX file.

Those entries are what allow AutoCAD to identify what NWDOUT actually refers to.

I hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 4
jgarza1976

I have tried all the steps you have mentioned. I have tried this resolution on several pc here. I get the same out come from all. I installed the trial version of Manage 2010, which has new exporters. When I use the new one "nwexport2008.arx" it works but it tries to use 2010 version to generate the nwd file. Should the 2008 exporter work without Manage 2010 being installed? Do no know what else to do? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
JeffH_ADSK

Hi there,

NWDOUT in Navisworks 2009 onwards will use the most recently installed copy of Roamer to publish the file, due to licensing changes. This has two side-effects - NWDOUT requires a full licensed copy of Navisworks installed, and exporters using NWCOUT are not licensed in the same way and may be run without Navisworks installed (and I believe are thus available as distributables under a separate installer & EULA).

As to the specific issue, I'm not sure what else to suggest if all the files and registry entries are present. I suspect we'd need more details such as precise installation order & versions installed of the appropriate products where the issue is arising.

I hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report