Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWD out on new install

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Cubs96
738 Views, 3 Replies

NWD out on new install

I have a seat of AutoCAD 2008 and Navisworks manage 2010 installed on my computer. I have just recently added a seat of 2010 Autocad to this computer. The features of navisworks is not in the new Autocad such as nwdout. I tried to reinstall and repair and no dice.
any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Cubs96

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:34:57 -0800, Cubs96 <> wrote:

>I have a seat of AutoCAD 2008 and Navisworks manage 2010 installed on my computer. I have just recently added a seat of 2010 Autocad to this computer. The features of navisworks is not in the new Autocad such as nwdout. I tried to reinstall and repair and no dice.
>any ideas?

A reinstall of Navisworks? Have you tried completely UNinstalling NW, rebooting,
cleaning up dead files, and reinstalling it?

I think NW's first installation interrogates the machine to see what Autodesk
apps are installed, but a reinstallation just reads in the first install's data,
so a new Adesk app would not register.

Matt
matt@stachoni.com
Message 3 of 4
JeffH_ADSK

Hi there,

Matt is correct - a reinstall or repair will only cover existing components installed. You need to modify the installation via Add/Remove Programs to have the installer pick up new AutoCAD installations.

I hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 4 of 4
AndyG_ADSK

Just to be precise, you need to select "Add or Remove Features" in the Exporter Plug-ins installer. All being well the installer should spot that you have AutoCAD 2008 installed -- it should have a green tick against AutoCAD 2008 Plug-in on the Select exporters to install page -- complete the update and the plug-in should be installed automatically.

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report