Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWD File is asscociated with Internet Explorer Cant ReAssociate to Navisworks

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MkyMous
1415 Views, 2 Replies

NWD File is asscociated with Internet Explorer Cant ReAssociate to Navisworks

Hey All, Thanks ahead of time for the help on this.

I have been working with Navisworks Simulate 2012 for several months now.  My I.T. department recently asked me to update my Internet Explorer to version 9, so I did.

Since that time my .NWD files have been Associated with Internet Explorer instead of Navisworks.(I can still open NWD files if I open NavisWorks and open them that way, but I cannot double-click on the .NWD file and have NavisWorks open)

I tried going into the File Association portion of Windows Explorer, but it will not allow me to change the .NWD file.  I go and Browse to the Navisworks Directory under Program Files and choose "Roamer.exe" but it will not change inside the File Association Program.

Any Ideas?????

(Windows 7 - 64-bit)

Thanks

Brice

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: MkyMous

with Windows 7 -32 bits, it's possible to change it in the registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\nwd\shell\open\command

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Freedom 2012\roamer.exe" "%1"

Be sure to include the doouble quotes and the path to roamer.exe

Message 3 of 3
MkyMous
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Thanks Patrick,

Must be different with 64-bit, I dont have the same options in my HKEY_Classes_Root as you described.

I think I might have found a soloution.  Downloaded a freeware program called "Types" that allowed me to change the program.

Thanks to all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report