Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWC/NWD Exports to Wrong File Unit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bmrob
708 Views, 4 Replies

NWC/NWD Exports to Wrong File Unit

We are having issues when creating and NWC or NWD from AutoCAD. Our drawings are are done in mm, but the results of about 1/3 of our exports are coming out as inches. We have the following settings:

In Drawings-

Units = unitless

NWOPT-

Interface - Display units = mm

File Readers - DGW - Default Decimal Units = mm

In Navisworks Simulate-

Global Options-

Interface - Display units = mm

File Readers - DGW/DXF - Default Decimal Units = mm

Are there any other settings that need to be checked that would cause our exports to be set as inches? We are using AutoCAD 2011 SP2 and Navisworks Simulate ver. 8.1.0.64656.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: bmrob

The DWG exporter defaults to Inches if the DWG database units (equivalent to the LUNITS system variable at file save time I believe) are set to Engineering or Architectural (i.e. 3 or 4). Otherwise, it does use that option.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 5
bmrob
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I checked several of the drawings and the Drawing Units Type is set to Decimal.

Message 4 of 5
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: bmrob

The only other code in the exporter that sets units is some ADT/ACA specific code that looks at ACA's definition of linear units. Are you using ACA (or a vertical thereof)? Is it possible ACA's own definition of units differs from the usual AutoCAD one? I'm afraid I don't know the ACA UI well enough to point out where such a linear unit setting might be set. You could also try turning off the ADT support in the exporter under the Advanced menu in the exporter's Options to verify this.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 5 of 5
bmrob
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

We aren't using ADT/ACA, the only other software we are using is ShipConstructor 2012 R1.2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report