Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nwc file - Point cloud not displayed - 2015

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LyleHardin
2748 Views, 6 Replies

nwc file - Point cloud not displayed - 2015

My 2015 Simulate is telling me "Point couds are not displayed in 2D visiual style"

In the past we've very successfully (with 2014) ran a "NWCOUT" command in AutoCAD to export a 3D model and point cloud.

Now with 2015 we are doing the same thing, but the point cloud is not showing in Navisworks and I get the notice as stated above.

Navisworks is in Rendered view style. The solids are showing up fine (not wireframe).

So, is this a bug or what's going on?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: LyleHardin

navisworks 2015 sp1 fixes this

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-...

AutoCAD

Resolved an issue where point cloud data referenced in DWGs saved from AutoCAD 2015 do not get rendered in Navisworks.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

nevermind this didn't work with the service pack installed

i get the same error message you get

i did however open the .dwg directly in navisworks and the point cloud was brought in

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
LyleHardin
in reply to: DarrenP

Yeah, I found out the NWCOUT still does not work even after service packs to Navisworks and AutoCAD.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Navisworks Exporter tools. I can bring old NWC files into Navisworks and the point clouds show up just fine.

I also wonder why my Autodesk Application Manager didn't make me aware that my AutoCAD and Navisworks were not up to date...

Anyway, you are right, if I open the DWG file with Navisworks, the point cloud comes in.

Thanks!  It did not do that prior to the service pack.

Now my problem is I can't get out of Perspective view. Orthographic view is greyed out.

Oh well, I can at least prepare my views and scenes now for Monday's presentation... whew!

What a horrible morning it's been!

Message 5 of 7
LyleHardin

Figured out the Perspective thing. (Well, I didn't figure it out... I found the answer...)

Orthographic view is not possible in Autodesk Rendering mode.

Or, apparently when the sun is shining.

From another thread.

In Home tab change Autodesk rendering to Autodesk Presenter. Orthographic will work now.

Message 6 of 7
LyleHardin

Same issue two years later.

Posting this in case other are having same issue with 2015.

You need to install SP1 and SP2 and you may have to Reboot. It didn't work for me until I rebooted.

I needed to publish an .nwd file in 2015 format for a client who only has 2015 Freedom and is not allowed to download 2017 Freedom.

Had to dig up and install Simulate 2015 from thumb drive (because, well, you know, that's, like sooo two years ago)

Point cloud in .dwg did not load. Installed SP1. Still didn't work. Found and nstalled SP2. Still didn't work. Came in this morning and it's importing things just fine and the point cloud is showing up. No problem. It must've just needed a reboot.

Message 7 of 7
dgorsman

Put a copy of the contents of the thumb drive onto your network, which is covered by your backup system.  No more "oh*#$*#oh*#$*#wheresthatUSBdiscthingy!!!!".  Smiley Very Happy

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report