Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a 3D Model to View in Navisworks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Printreaders
451 Views, 2 Replies

Need a 3D Model to View in Navisworks

Hello, I am doing research to create BIM program at my college. I would like someone to send me a sample light commerical building model (completed) that I can review in Navisworks Freedom. Also if you have any basic instuctions for folks new to Navisworks please share as well. Thanks, Don Thomas

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Printreaders

You might find faster response by checking the architectural classes in your school.  Somebody should have a model or two you can use, without any IP rights issues.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
smbrennan
in reply to: Printreaders

Yeah, a lot of architects, designers, and contractors won't be as willing to share their models, as they sometimes contain Intellectual Property (IP, as the previous poster used). That, and customer confidentiality agreements, not sharing specific room locations (ie: security closets), etc.

As for basic instructions:

There's not much you can do with Freedom. Freedom is good for people that strictly want to view a model, and maybe "snap" a couple of dimensions for quick reference. This is usually used by project managers, field installers, and those not familiar with CAD software. In order to really start doing anything, you need Navisworks Simulate. This allows you to create filesets, animate objects, and utilize quantification. 

The TRUE power of Navisworks is Collision/Clash Detection. That is only available in Navisworks Manage.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report