Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavisWorks Wish/Alphabetization PLEASE!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
grumpygrizzly
271 Views, 2 Replies

NavisWorks Wish/Alphabetization PLEASE!!

What the heck am I talking about??  

Working with your clashes in NW Manage, why can't I click at the top of the list of Rules and have them alphabetized?

When selecting a file to append, why isn't the list of file types alphabetized?

I know how to make the files in the Selection Tree into alphabetical order and believe me, THAT's a great thing but, why shouldn't I be able to click up near the top of the tree and alphabetize the whole list instead of the crazy way I have to do it?

Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
smbrennan
in reply to: grumpygrizzly

What version are you running? I believe this was added in 2015. I set up 24 clash tests and have the ability to sort by name.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 3 of 3
grumpygrizzly
in reply to: smbrennan

I'm using 2014. I believe the clash tests themselves have allowed that for some time but, the rules you can add to clash tests can't be sorted.

Say you have a mech vs struc test and you don't want to have the wall penetrations show ad clashes. You can take a selection set of the wall layer and the mech layer and make a rule that will ignore those clashes.

That rule will be in the rules tab and will show up in every clash test. If you want to use it, you check it.

I've had up to 85 rules in a project and even have them in my 'template' file to transfer to other projects.

Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend...
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report