Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Switchback 3D view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ASCunningham
1409 Views, 4 Replies

Navisworks Switchback 3D view

Is there a setting that will disable navisworks from creating a new 3D view in revit everytime the switchback function is used? I would rather have a 3d view configured with the setting I want and have navisworks switch to that instead of creating a new view each time that needs its settings adjusted. I didn't have to do this when working on a revit 2012 project. I think that work flow is much better that this so called improvement to R2013.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: ASCunningham

I talked to development about this case. Apparently a code fix is required to address it and no date was given on when we can expect to see the changes. However, I understand it will be sooner rather than later. 

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 5

That makes the tool close to unusable....hope we get the fix soon...

Message 4 of 5
ASCunningham
in reply to: alan.quinn

I take it sooner never happened. I'm very disappointed in the fact that this feature is pretty useless now that it has been "improved".

Has anyone found a way to work with switchback now that it "must" generate a new view everytime the switchback function is used.

I might try to re-install Navis 2012 where this didn't happen.

Message 5 of 5
smurck
in reply to: ASCunningham

I noticed this too.  I switches to a rendered perspective view.  I never use that.  I want it to switch to a plan view in wireframe.  This tool is totally useless now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report