Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Simulate 2015 problems updating open AutoPlant DWG Models?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rmcd
652 Views, 6 Replies

Navisworks Simulate 2015 problems updating open AutoPlant DWG Models?

Hi,

I'm having problems using Navisworks Simulate 2015 & piping models created using AutoPlant with AutoCAD 2012.
The DWG files are appended into Navis 2015 & display fine.

However,

It seems that Navisworks can not read the piping models when a user has them open. When the models are closed they open fine with in Navisworks.When we try to refresh our navis model we get an error message saying the file can not be read & the piping model disappears.

Has anyone come across this issue?
Is there a solution?

Any help would be great.

image1.png

image2.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: rmcd

Be glad that your AutoPlant Pipes come in correctly, because that alone can be quite a problem. A Workaround could be to Xcopy the changed files from the network location to the local drive and have an NWF with these models attached to open them.
Message 3 of 7
rmcd
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Thanks for your reply, but we are dealing with a model with multiple users & this would be difficult to manage. I do not want to interupt our usual workflows.

I had hoped moving to Navisworks 2015 would be of benifit to us. but i'm not sure now.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue rather than using a workaround?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
rmcd

I've not been able to resolve this issue. For now we are using this workaround.

The AutoPLANT user must NWCOUT to create an NWC file. We Append this to our NWF instead of the DWG.

The downside to this workflow is that it requires a reliance on the usre to manually NWCOUT & means that the NWF does not refresh the Autoplant models automattically when opened.

If anyone cracks this please do let us know how.

Message 5 of 7
Patrick_Aps_9121

you could modify the Save commando in AutoPlant so that it does a save AND an NWCOUT. That would make the NWC always up to date with the DWG thus the NWF is also as up to date.
Message 6 of 7
rmcd
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

This would be great. Any idea how this could be achieved?Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Patrick_Aps_9121

create a Mysave command using AutoLisp
and modify the user interface that underneath the save buttons and contols, MySave is executed. But that's for the Autocad customistation Forum 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report