Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Simulate 2014 - trouble with IFC Reading

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
r.visiere
526 Views, 5 Replies

Navisworks Simulate 2014 - trouble with IFC Reading

Hi Community,

I have some trouble in opening an IFC file on Navis Manage 2014. Some geometry (Walls) is crashing, while the IFC file is correct (I checked it on other syntesis platform such as tekla BIMSIGHT). The original IFC file was exported by Tekla Structure V19.

Does/Did anybody have or the same kind of problem ?

Attached some screenshots

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I have had similar problems with DGN files coming out of Tekla Structures.

I could solve it by dropping the cells to geometry in MicroStation

Message 3 of 6

Hi both,

Looking at the screenshots from the first post I think it is geometry corruption rather than a crash?

Any crash is definitely an issue, as is geometry corruption.

When it is only missing data from a file read, that is slightly less clear, because there are a few types of data that we have never officially supported -- however those are very much exceptions for the more awkward file formats, generally we like to bring in everything if we can.

In this case the data comes through plainly wrong, so we'd definitely like to fix it.  Can you supply us with a file that has the issue?  If so, then we can certainly look into it.  We may not be able to patch it in 2014 (but if you want that, please raise the issue through your usual support channel...) but we can try to eliminate it in future releases.

Regards,

Ian

Message 4 of 6
r.visiere
in reply to: IanBadcoe

Hi Both,

Thank you for your answers.

Ian, how can I supply you the file ?

For the Navis 2014 version, we will switch to 2015 in a few time.

Best regards

Rémi

Message 5 of 6
IanBadcoe
in reply to: r.visiere

Hi,

You can attach the file here, if you have no problem with it being public...

Or you can raise the issue via your usual support channel and supply the file through them.

Or I can create a temporary shared folder, say in dropbox, and you can drop the file there.

Unfortunately we are past all the 2015 service packs we were planning, so you will still need to raise this with support if you want any chance of a 2015 hotfix.  Note also that we don't promise to fix this before the 2016 release.  The file-reader team will have to prioritise it against their other work...

Thanks,

Ian

Message 6 of 6
r.visiere
in reply to: IanBadcoe

I can't attach the file here, because it's quite heavy... I'll try to raise up the problem to our usual support 

Thank you for your answer

Best Regards

Rémi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report