Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Simulate 2014 RAM usage while rendering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JoeBares
2018 Views, 1 Reply

Navisworks Simulate 2014 RAM usage while rendering

Dear Users and Support,

after trying alot of stuff to render a picture with Presenter-Renderer in Navisworks from a 100mb AutoCAD - File i have found a solution.

Problemdefinition:

While rendering a picture i had the problem, that the RAM usage from Roamer.exe was climbing up from 1.5GB RAm up to around 6GB RAM and than stopped. Navisworks stopped working (no response at all). The pictures stopped rendering in the middle of the process.

Solution:

First I installed the ServicePack2 hopeing to fix that problem. But it didn't.
By changing the memory usage under options -> models -> performance (on German: Optionen -> Modell -> Leistung -> Speicherbegrenzung) und cutting it of to 4000MB i was able to render the whole picture.

Before cutting it of, it was set to AUTO or 20GB RAM, because my machine has 24 GB. After realizing that the Navisworks stopps working arount 6GB usage, i thought, maybe to limit it to 4GB.

I have found out that, after Roamer.exe gets to arround 4000MB usage of RAM, it suddenly dropps to arround 1500MB RAM and than starts climbing again to 4.000MB RAM where it drops again.

The most important thing is, that the picture gets rendered now completely till the end without crashing.
I can't answer the question, why Navisworks Simulate 2014 cant get above the 6GB RAM while rendering with the presenter.

Maybe a hint for the support and also a help for some others, who have simular problems.

Regards

Joe Bares

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jayavijayan.k
in reply to: JoeBares

Hai

Disable "Autosave" in settings. In this way, Navisworks stops saving the file at a predefined time. So the RAM usage wont shoot up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report