Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Simulate 2013 Object Transparencies

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
crwild
279 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks Simulate 2013 Object Transparencies

I am having some trouble while creating an NWF file from the DWG. When some objects(3D Solids) are selected and have their transparency modified, it does not retain in the NWF file, or only partially retains. Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: crwild

I have seen this behaviour when the DWG is modified between the 1st time and the 2nd time you open the nwf.

Possible causes are 

- the object is deleted in the DWG and a complete new object is drawin on the same location.

- the nwf is opened on different computers with different Options in navisworks:

escpecially the options -> Interface -> Viewpoints Defaults: "Save Hide/Required Attributes" and "Override Material" make different behaviour

Possible solutions are

-> delete the *.nwc before opening the nwf the 2nd time

-> use "select Sets" criteria to implement the trancparancy so that you can re-implement it very easy

Message 3 of 3
crwild
in reply to: crwild

Thanks for the response.

None of those really seem to apply to what has happened.

I opened the DWG file and set the transparencies, saved the NWF file and closed it. We have our machines set to not create or read the NWC files. I immediately reopened the NWF file to create a NWD file, and the transparencies had reset to defaults.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report