Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Selection Sets Disappearing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bails1974
1520 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks Selection Sets Disappearing

I am working in Navisworks Simulate 2014. I have a model (nwf file with 4 files appended) which has been set up with items selected and saved in selection sets. When I open the model on my PC the selection sets all appear correctly. When someone else opens the model some of the selection sets have lost their selections and are greyed out. We are both using the same settings exported from my settings. When I reopen the model all the selection sets are still visible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: bails1974

Hi

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Selection set, or search set?  The former relies on specific objects.  With some design software, modifying an object will erase the original and replace it with a new one e.g. in AutoCAD the object handle will be different.  From the point of view of Navisworks this is NOT the same object so it is excluded from the selection set.  A search set, on the other hand, saves the parameters used to find objects, and is much more tolerant of such changes.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
bails1974
in reply to: bails1974

I am happy to say the solution to my problem was to install the latest service pack. Once this was installed all the selection sets on my colleagues PC when he opened the NWF file were restored.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report