Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Reviewed vs Active

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andersonst
1285 Views, 4 Replies

Navisworks Reviewed vs Active

What is difference in classification of the report? Right now we use reviewed classification to note that we have reviewed and assigned the clash. Once it has been resolved the status is changed to resolved. What would be an example of when you use active as a classification?

Thansk

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: andersonst

Is this for clash status?  I use Active to indicate a clash needs to be looked at, and Approved for "false" clashes that don't count or Active clashes that have been deemed acceptable.  I let the system set the Resolved status on subsequent scans.  I typically only report on the Active clashes, helps filter out the legions of Approved and Resolved ones.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
andersonst

"I typically only report on the Active clashes, helps filter out the legions of Approved and Resolved ones".

Can you explain futher? I dont follow

Message 4 of 5
andersonst

Also when would you use reviewed then in your status category system?

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman

After the clash detection, either myself or somebody else will review the clashes and approve those which don't need attention.  Even with a modest model we can have hundreds of total clashes (I've seen other users with thousands), so reporting on everything will result in a lot of useless content.  By only reporting on the Active clashes, the designers and checkers only get the relevant information.

We don't have a place for "Reviewed" status in our current work process.  Everything is either Active (and needing to be fixed), Approved (and can be ignored), or more seldomly Resolved (clash disappeared before the last test was run).  We might find a purpose for it later on.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report