Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Manage 2015 displaying Civil3D surfaces too smooth

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
816 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks Manage 2015 displaying Civil3D surfaces too smooth

Hi guys, I've exported a model I created in Civil3D 2015 to Navisworks in order for the rest of our engineering team to interface with the earthworks I've designed. When the surface is displayed to be shaded, the edges that should clearly be sharp edges are displayed smooth and it doesn't look right. Please see the attached image for your reference. The surfaces are exported properly, in wire frame view you could see that the triangulation is still in-tact. I suspect that the rendering engine applies some smoothing algorithm whenever the angle between two triangles is larger than a certain amount (faceting factor perhaps?). Here is a list of things I tried: -Directly opening the Civil3D dwg in navisworks: This method displays my models properly. The problem I have with this is that this specific model only displays bounding boxes for the AecObject. I do not think that it is an object enabler issue since other models do display properly. -Exporting to DWFx. -Using the NWCOUT command in Civil3D -Tried different lighting and display modes in Navisworks Is there any other option that I may have overlooked? Anything I search for doesn't give me relevant results. Thanks, Charl
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
george.homan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Charley, Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same issue...
Message 3 of 3

Same here, with this problem, is there any further discussion as to why this is happening?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report