Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks manage 2012 - Problem with Saved Viewpoints auto updating

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
mewbank1
446 Views, 0 Replies

Navisworks manage 2012 - Problem with Saved Viewpoints auto updating

I have set up a model that combines a number of individual .nwc files. I have created a folder (1) to contain a series of 'common' viewpoints, typically showing individual models for ease of access.

I have also set up other folders for saving viewpoints in relation to design reviews (2), and clash detection reports (3).

The issue I am trying to resolve is how to set the viewpoint edit preferences to allow;

Folder 1 - viewpoints to remain as saved in terms of the models being displayed. They currently update to the latest rev of the included models which is fine, but the viewpoints also display additional models appended after the viewpoint has been saved.

Folder 2 - as above, but I would also like to edit the colour of some of the elements. When I change the colour of the relevant elements, this change is also reflected in the viewpoints containing the same element in folder 1. I would like the colour edit to only apply to the viewpoint i am editing or to able to select which view points are updated.

I think the answer lies in the 'saved/hidden' / 'override' option in the general options menu or within the edit folder or file menu in the viewpoint window. I also understand that there is a hierarchy of these settings in terms of the general menu applies these settings throughout, the folder menu applies to all files in the folder, whilst the file menu only applies to that file.

I just can't seem to get the right combination to produce the results I would like. I would be grateful of any help

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report