Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Manage 2012 and 3d Connexion issue

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
JasonHarden1705
2560 Views, 22 Replies

Navisworks Manage 2012 and 3d Connexion issue

I recently updated AutoCAD and Navisworks Manage to the 2012 releases. I also updated my 3D Connexion Space Pilot driver along with my graphics card driver. Upon opening an NWF file in Navisworks 2012, I quickly discovered that the 3D mouse did NOT have the "fluid" motion it had in the Navisworks Manage 2011 release.

I'm seeing jittery motion as I fly around the model and noticed that the "scene drawing indicator bar" is working overtime as I move and stop in a model. It is a fairly small model, nothing substantial in size.

Also, I've found that the "fly" command no longer allows you to use the "roll" feature on the 3D mouse. I've made several settings changes to just about everything from "frame rate" to "hardware acceleration" and nothing changed. I brought my IT guy in to review the graphics card driver settings and he concluded that it was operating as required. 

Then I opened the same model in Navisworks Manage 2011 (side-by-side at the same time it was open in 2012) and found that 2011 retained the fluid motion as well as the "roll" feature still worked and the "scene drawing indicator bar" barely blinked as I moved and stopped.

Any insight as to what adjustments I need to make in NW-M 2012 to match what I had in NW-M 2011?

Tags (2)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
dgorsman
in reply to: arch

Default speeds are a bit of a trade off; try to go faster and you will likely see the problem worsen, but make it slower and it takes forever to get anywhere in the mdoel.

Try the far clipping planes to reduce distant objects.  It's not ideal as it can strip out context but the reduction in the number of objects to refresh on-screen can help.  Also maybe increasing the "Number of pixels below which objects are culled".  I think the default is 1 pixel, increasing that value will cause some objects to drop-out should improve performance somewhat.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 22 of 23
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: JasonHarden1705

what OS are you using

If its XP then this will not get fixed...its an instruction set for directx issue. 

Neither microsoft or 3dconnection intend adding these missing bits of code to there software/drivers.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 23 of 23

Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? I'm still experiencing this problem with Navisworks Manage 2013 SP2 and a SpaceNavigator.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report