Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Freedom feedback

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MustangSam
414 Views, 1 Reply

Navisworks Freedom feedback

Hi all, your opinions please.

I work in a design office, I am trying to set up navisworks as a useful tool for the company, in the design office we have licences for Simulate, which in turn we would throw the NWD files out to the supervisors to use with freedom, however I am discovering that freedom wont let you save viewpoints, wont let you make comments etc, that supervisors can make, and we can then pick up in the office and act on accordingly.

Has anyone set up navisworks in a similar way and created an effective dialogue back and fore?

or has anyone side-stepped this problem in any other way?

Any suggestions would be very gratefully recieved,

thanks

Sam

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: MustangSam

A lot of our seniors are... well, seniors 🙂  They do things "old school" with red/green/blue pencils and yellow highlighter.  They use Freedom to look around and inspect, then mark things up on drawings.  In some cases they might take screen shots, print them, and mark those up.  So before you get too strung out, see if they would actually be *using* those features.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report