Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavisWorks Data tools

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jamierichard
2035 Views, 2 Replies

NavisWorks Data tools

I am using NavisWorks Manage 2009 and am trying to establish a data link with Bentley AutoPlant. I am using standalone bentley project so the database is local MS Access file. I am also using the standard datalink for local project provided by Autodesk/NavisWorks. When I do the datatools in NavisWorks 5.5 I have not problem seeing the AutoPlant data, when I try the same with NavisWorks 2009 I don't get the AutoPlant Data, not tab under properties or anything. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It simply didn’t work on NW2009 with AP XM.
You need to install NW2010 for that....no other solution.
The reason for that is that NW2009 just isn't bringing in the Comp_ID, needed for establishing the link.

A work around: create an NWD with NW5.5, and open it in NW2009.
This because NW5.5 brings in the Comp_ID into the NWD.

So you can create a datalink from within NW2009 between the created NWD V5.5 and the DB.

Marc
Message 3 of 3
mmhill
in reply to: jamierichard

I am trying to configure NavisWorks 2010 SP1 to connect to an Autoplant Central Multi-Project database that has been integrated with Bentley ProjectWise. I am using the "Oracle 10" datatool. What modifications to the SQL String do I make to point to a specific Autoplant Project ID? I have attached a copy of the default string.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report