Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Clash Detective Help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
obakerwr
775 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks Clash Detective Help

I have Navisworks Manage 2011 and have been using it the last few weeks to identify clashes and create clash reports. I am still getting used to all the functions of the clash detective tool. I have found that the clash report format does not have a tabular report format that would be helpful in sorting and filtering the data. I noticed that there is a hotfix for the tabular HTML report in the 2012 version, but I have not been able to find anything for the 2011 version. Is there anything like this hotfix that exists for the 2011 version?

Also, I have found that when I run the clash detective tool, sometimes I get hundreds of false positives (redundant clashes). Our designers use PDS; so is this just a product of how the basic geometries are created? Is there a way to reduce the number of redundancies without going through each and every clash?

Thanks!

Bill

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dennis
in reply to: obakerwr

The tabular layout for reporting is a 2012 thing, wasn't available in 2011.

Possible help on the extra clashes:  On the rules tab:  Ignore clashes in groups/blocks/cells and ignore clashes in composite objects.

Message 3 of 3
dmurov
in reply to: obakerwr

Redundant Clashes:  We are also looking for a solution to this problem.  Some files we have received are created with poly face mesh objects and result in 20+ clashes that should only result in "one" clash.

I've found one suggestion that allows grouping clashes involving a specific item...Still time consuming and results in additional folders when creating viewpoints.

Clash Detective - Results tab - The Items Expandable Panel

• "Group Clashes Involving Item" - creates a new clash group containing all clashes involved with the item or items that you have right-clicked on. 
  • If both items in conflict are polyface mesh or broken down into several parts, this solution does not work very well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report