Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Backward Compatibility

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
FarmerJoe17
1904 Views, 7 Replies

Navisworks Backward Compatibility

Hello, (I'm a first time poster, so please forgive me if this should be posted elsewhere)

I have been using Navisworks 2014, and saving files as 2013 NWDs for a Navisworks 2013 user to view the files.  This has worked well without a problem.

I just updated to the Navisworks 2015, saved the files as 2013 NWDs for the same user.  However, now he is unable to open the files.  The error that occurs when the user opens the file is that, it jumps to 50% open and crashes.   The user has had this problem occur on multiple laptops using the 2013 program. I have had another 2015 user open the file no issue. 

Is there anything I should be doing differently for this work the way it has been working? 

Thanks in advance,

Joe

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

It has most likely to do with the Object Enablers thar are installed on the machine with Navisworsk 2015.

Do you have SP2 already installed ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/naviswork...

Try uninstalling all these Oject Enablers.

As a work-aroud there is only the Save as 2014 in version 2015

and then you need your old 2014 installation to save as 2013.

Message 3 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: FarmerJoe17

For clarity - you are creating NWD files, then saving the NWD file to an earlier format NWD file.  Those NWD files CANNOT be opened in Freedom/Simulate/Manage 2013.  Is that accurate?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 8
FarmerJoe17
in reply to: dgorsman

Yes, that is correct. 

Message 5 of 8
IanBadcoe

Hi,

This sounds like a serious problem.  Are you in a position to send us the 2015 NWD so that we can try saving it to 2013 ourselves?

Regards,

Ian

Message 6 of 8
FarmerJoe17
in reply to: IanBadcoe

Negative, we resulted to have a 2015 user go back to 2014 temporarily until the 2013 user upgrades.  Seems redundant, but its working for the time being. 

Message 7 of 8
IanBadcoe

Hi,

Are you not in a position to share the file for reasons of confidentiality?

Or are you just OK now that you have found a workaround?

If it is the latter, then it would be great if you could still send the file to us, as we would like to look into fixing any problem for all users.

If it is the former, then we can investigate by generating 2015 data ourselves and saving it back into 2013 format.  However to do that we really need to know what sort of contents your 2015 data has.  Could you supply more details, e.g. what sort of files are in the NWD, and what sort of other Navisworks data (clashes, quantification, selection-sets, search-sets etc etc) is also there.

Thanks,

Ian

Message 8 of 8
IanBadcoe
in reply to: IanBadcoe

Also, sorry I forgot to ask, what version of 2015 are you using?  There have been three releases of 2015: the FCS version, SP1 which addressed the heartbleed vulnerability, and SP2 which fixed a handful of other important issues.  The about box will say which version you have (possibly explicitly, or possibly just through the version number).

Or if you no longer have 2015 installed, if you can recall when you downloaded it that might make it obvious which one it was...

Thanks again,

Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report