Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2016 material rendering water/ocean

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ulski1
1376 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks 2016 material rendering water/ocean

hi,

I have been trying to use materials from Autodesk Library->Liquid->Tropical and "edit" wave height 5 in order to make a render with something which looks a bit like the ocean - but I can not get it to work. Have any of the forum members managed to add material to get a ocean like appearance?

br

Ulrik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ulski1
in reply to: ulski1

hi again,

I think it has to do with units. the wave height in the material can be adjusted to a maximum value of 5 - but it doesn't say what unit it is. It seems if the model you open is in milimeters then you can get something which looks like water but if the model is in meters you will see nothing but a mirror surface proberly because the 5 meter high waves you would expect infact becomes 5 millimeter waves.

Ulrik

Message 3 of 3
ulski1
in reply to: ulski1

I created a rendered image. The water surface object is assigned the material "Tropical Blue" provided by Autodesk. The wave heigth is set to 5. The nwd file is in model unit meter. As you see the waves are not 5 meters high - so for me this confirms that these parameter based materials do not take the model units into account. 

2016-10-14_12-49-11.png

2016-10-14_12-46-03.png

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report