Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2015 Service Pack 3 Regressions

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
luke.johnson
902 Views, 11 Replies

Navisworks 2015 Service Pack 3 Regressions

I am experiencing issues with 2015 SP3 on Manage.

My Convert to Redline tool for measurements does not use the colour for Redline any longer - it uses the Colour of the Axis used for measuring. Can this colour be modified somewhere (z is blue etc).

Also, there seems to be some problem with Light Glyphs and the light panel, not updating selection properly.

Anyone else having these problems?

Luke Johnson
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Could you provide a screencast video of the behavior, or a screenshot?

https://screencast.autodesk.com/

The measure tool should have a default color that is orange while the redline tool should default to red. When you convert the measured line to redline it should take on whatever color has been selected for the redline tool. Where was this project brought in from? Revit? AutoCAD?

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 12

Hi

These are 2015 projects and all projects are affected. The "Convert to Redline" now takes axis colour, not the selected Redline colour. I actually don't mind this behaviour, but would like to be able to customise axis colours for readability.

Screencast here:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/7045c682-570b-4dad-8d0c-5df390869492

Luke Johnson
Message 4 of 12
luke.johnson
in reply to: luke.johnson

Note:

Autodesk Support CaseNo:09879895

Luke Johnson
Message 5 of 12

I have taken on your case and will review the video. I will get you an update tomorrow. 

One last question, just to clarify, this behavior occurred only AFTER you installed SP3 correct? 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 6 of 12

Correct, only after sp3.

Luke Johnson
Message 7 of 12

I reproduced the behavior, I had already installed SP2 for Navisworks Manage 2015, I tested and the measurement tool converted the redline correctly. I then installed SP3 and retraced my steps except this time the converted redline was blue like the unconverted measurement line. I will bring this behavior to development's attention. 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 8 of 12

Development reports back:

"The user can now choose whether to use the Redline colour or the Measurement colour in global options.". 

You should now be able to go to the global options and change that setting. 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 9 of 12

Scott, I think development is wrong in this instance. If you use X, Y or Z constraint when measuring, the dimension will also be red, green or blue when using Convert to Redline. I cannot find a toggle to stop this behaviour in Global Options. (see attached images).

Luke Johnson
Message 10 of 12

I've forwarded your concern to development and I have sent them the screenshots. 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 11 of 12

CLARIFICATION:

The option should be available in the advanced global options in the NEXT Service Pack (SP4) also it should be fixed for 2016. 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 12 of 12

Thanks Scott, looking forward to it.

Luke Johnson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report