Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2015 ODBC Export

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Logan.Wallace
661 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks 2015 ODBC Export

Simple question:

Is there any way, ODBC or similar, to export parameter information OUT of Navisworks to either Excel or Access?  I know how to use ODBC connections to bring additional data in, but as far as I can tell there is no way to export information out.

The closest thing is using the Quantification workbook export, but that is very limited in scope.  Unlike if I was able to use SQL strings to selectively export items and parameter values.

I appreciate any responses, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Logan.Wallace

You would need to use the API to iterate through the objects, harvesting data as you go.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Logan.Wallace
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for the quick response.  I can uncross my fingers now; I figured that was the case, but I thought I would ask anyway. 

(Unproductive complaining) Would an ODBC export function have been too much to ask?

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Logan.Wallace

Your description might be a bit off.  "ODBC" is a method of connecting to a data source e.g. a database for additional information.  Its not a means of extraction data from Navisworks or other programs, or creating a bill of material.

Speaking of unproductive complaining - I'm not too happy about providing QTO in Navisworks.  Too much temptation to avoid getting the *actual* single-source-of-truth (design models), then blaming the model creators when the QTO reports don't match up with the properly generated ones.  Smiley Mad

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report