Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavisWorks 2014 SP1 is out

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
DarrenP
3388 Views, 23 Replies

NavisWorks 2014 SP1 is out

Here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22003207&linkID=10382102

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

read mes attached

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 24
greggbehmer

I'm having installation issues.  Windows 7 64-bit OS.  

Requests original disk so I inerted that.... requests roamer.msi file so I pathed to that....  screen shot is the error I'm receiving.  Please advise.

Message 4 of 24
DarrenP
in reply to: greggbehmer

i didn't have a problem installing it

but it did cause a problem after it installed

it would instantly crash navisworks to an autodesk CER report

then said it had a problem with the direct x 10 drivers or something to that effect

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 24
DarrenP

i would avoid putting this service pack on

a 2nd user reported that the service pack crashes navisworks

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Navisworks/Memory-Settings/td-p/4335294

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 24
DarrenP

i have a case Open with autodesk

i will let yall know what they find out

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 24
DarrenP

this seems to only effect navisworks from the factory design suite 2014

i tested the service pack on a non suite version of navisworks 2014

and navisworks from the building design suite 2014 the crash does not happen

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 24
DarrenP

the fix is out: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21985761&linkID=16831210

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 24
rsloyer

I can't even get the thing to install.  Says it's missing some msi file or some such.

Why is it that every passing day it seems that Autodesk products require users to be programmers and have a phD in IT?  and IT departments appear to divorce themselves more and more from this silliness, leaving the user stranded?

Message 10 of 24
btglazier

I have the same issue.  I believe it has to do with Navisworks being installed as part of the Building Design Suite on my machine.  If you figure out a solution on your machine, please share!

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 24
BSchubring

Addming my voice, I cannot install Navisworks Simulate 2014 SP1 (part of FDS Premium), it asks for roamer.msi.  It is located on the removable media (which is attached before running the service pack) at X:\x64\NAVSIM\roamer.msi

When you point the installer to it, it says You need administrative privledges to access the file in that location.  I hit continue, and it says an installation package for the product cannot be found.

Message 12 of 24
greggbehmer
in reply to: BSchubring

I have the same issue.  I haven't been able to resolve easily through Autodesk support so I've just decided to wait for the service pack that will make the service pack work.  For the most part my original install is functional, the olnly thing I've noticed is not being able to import viewpoints.  I don't want to risk finally getting the SP1 installed to find out it crashes Navisworks as others have described.

Message 13 of 24
jpearson

I have the same problem, but have also decided to ignore it as i dont use NavisWorks much anyway, still it would be noice if it actually worked................Man Frustrated

Message 14 of 24
cmeisinger
in reply to: rsloyer

I have the same problem something about the patch.cab missing or corrupt.  Is there a fix in the works?

Message 15 of 24
projectsupervisor

Got a new laptop, installed Navis Works Freedom 2014. Every time i open the program i get an error massage. 

i've sent in 25 error reports all with NO response. I'm in a bind....really need this to work. 

Suggestions??

Message 16 of 24
jpearson

Try Reinstalling Navisworks

Kind Regards

James Pearson
James Pearson
Senior Designer

HMS Group of Companies Australia

Office: Level 1 537 Lake Road
Argenton NSW 2284
Ph 02 49506488
Fax 02 49081159
Mobile 0457 661038

Email: JPearson@howardmining.com.au
Website www.aspire-training.com.au

[Untitled] [HBC Members 2008 logo_print JPG] [010153-HBC-Awards-Seal_1]

[cid:029510004@07102009-04B7] Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Attention:
This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of those persons to whom the message is addressed. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this message. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message or any files transmitted with it is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of HMS Group of Companies Australia. The recipient should check this message and any attachments for the presence of viruses. HMS Group of Companies Australia accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this message.
Message 17 of 24
astyron

I am having the same problem. Have you fiqured it out yet?

Message 18 of 24
greggbehmer
in reply to: astyron

I've decided not to install SP1. For the most part my original install is functional, the olnly thing I've noticed is not being able to import viewpoints. I don't want to risk finally getting the SP1 installed to find out it crashes Navisworks as others have described.
Message 19 of 24

Same issue with Building Design Suite.....anyone know if there is a hotfix for BDS out?

Message 20 of 24
rsloyer
in reply to: btglazier

I had a new fun twist in the unsupported world of Navisworks Manage 2014 today...

Model crashes.  I click all the little buttons to report the problem.  For once, the automotons tell me they have a fix!

The fix?  Install Service Pack 1!  Awesome!

So I click through, download, start to install (foolishly thinking that someone at Autodesk is paying attention and supporting their "suite" product they upsold us on), only to be told that "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.  Insert the 'Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2014' disk and click OK."

Thanks Autodesk!

If you are reading this and haven't bought your Autodesk products, don't buy the suite.  Get the individual products you need (not want) as the suites apparently are not supported with the service packs, and at a certain point may simply stop working without the service pack they won't provide you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report