Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2014 Rendering Issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Thierry_EL
1831 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks 2014 Rendering Issues

Hi there,

I exported a Revit model to Navisworks using the exporter plug-in (Revit 2013 to Navisworks 2014).

When I move around in Navisworks, eveything looks good (see attached). Problem is when I tried to render, with both Ray Trace and Presenter, I got a strange result where some objects seem to move while other just disappear. (Both render don't look alike, the Ray Trace one is more innacurate)

To try and see where this issue was coming from, I used the same steps with a much smaller model and everything worked fine. Is it possible this issue is due to the size of the model? I used Zoom All and there is nothing far away from the model. I also tried to render without the topography since I read somewhere this may cause some issues. I deleted the By Layer material before rendering with Presenter.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcdakk
in reply to: Thierry_EL

We have had similar results with the new rendering engine. Large portions of the model from PDMS and Cadworx disappear. We find the Presenter works well. Autodesk has acknowledged the issue, but offered no solution for now. In part their reply was:

The issue is the way the Autodesk Renderer handles parametric objects. Basically, they kind of get lost on the way through the rendering engine. At this point, there really is not a fix for this issue aside from using Presenter. The permanent fix requires the code for Navisworks to be modified....our Development Group has confirmed the issue

Message 3 of 3
Thierry_EL
in reply to: mcdakk

Ok ... hope they will fix this soon and thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report