Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2014 measure tool moving us away from items..

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
grumpygrizzly
1053 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks 2014 measure tool moving us away from items..

Select an item, ctrl select a 2nd item, click Measure Shortest Distance and then *poof* you're in another part of the model.  This is happening on ALL of our computers.  

On further testing, it looks like it's changing the view to the entire length of pipe/conduit/ductwork that you're using as your measuring items.  

In the case I just tried, I was close to one end of the items to be measured, selected them, measured shortest distance, it placed the dimension in the same area I was in but, back out to where is would show me the entire length of conduit.  Not the best thing if I'm having to look through walls, floors, other MEP parts to see where my previous view went to.. 

I guess I'd like it to stay where it's at unless the pipes/conduits/etc. are closer together farther down the length and that's where it's taking me.

I don't recall previous versions doing this.  

Could this have something to do with a Viewpoint setting?

Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Allow me to kick this up a notch..

If I have my Properties pallet pinned to the side, I click on an object with the pointy arrow, my cursor jumps over to the palette.  So, me thinks, 'unpin the palette'.. Well, now when I click something, it shoots my cursor to my other screen which I have Autocad MEP open on.. Not a Switchback function, that doesn't work because of the way my IT folks installed the software.. 

It's just a basic selection of an item issue.. 

BTW, 2014 SP2.

Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!
Message 3 of 3

The zoom out when using the measure tool is a known issue.

See also this discussion.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-general-discussion/navisworks-2014-measure-shortest-distanc...

The only work around is to press the Undo button once or twice and you will zoom back to the original view.

Should be solved in version 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report