Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2014: Measure Shortest Distance Zooms Out

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
JoeVernice
3188 Views, 23 Replies

Navisworks 2014: Measure Shortest Distance Zooms Out

Whenever I measure using the shortest distance tool in Navisworks 2014 the display automatically zooms out to a different view. This is very annoying and did not happen in Navisworks 2012/2013. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?

JMV

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
arasmussen
in reply to: JoeVernice

Waiting patiently for a fix on this issue. Pretty big fan of doing a quick measurment and then having it jump randomly in my model... Only known bandaid I know of is to undo (which takes you back to your original view). Works, but it doesn't help with the motion sickness my formen get from flying my models. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 24

This seems to be solved in version 2015. The 30-day trial version of Manage 2015 still performs a zoom, but this time this is perfectly a zoom fit on the "shortest distance measurement" that is created by the command itself.

Message 23 of 24

Seems to me if a function worked fine for so many years, then it quits workin, you go back to the original code when it was last working.. Like.. well, a backup version...

Issue that in a service pack and everyone is happy, happy, happy.  

If you're using the measure closest points command and it blasts you off into New Jersey somewhere, then you hit undo twice, you can use the transform command in measure.

So you have two pipes, you measure closest to closest, click ZOOOoommm...  

"Hello Houston, we have a problem",

Houston replies "Roger User, hit Ctrl Z twice."

Clickety clack, clickety clack (steampunk keyboard obviously) and you're back but, now try to use that measurement to transform one of the pipes by that amount and it won't recognize the measurement.

"Uhh, Houston we still have a problem.."

"Roger user, we're aware of it, we'll fix it on the next mission.."

"Uhh.. Houston... Uhh.. What the...."

Error message: NavisWorks has crashed, would you like to save your model to the last saved image?

Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!
Message 24 of 24
dgorsman
in reply to: grumpygrizzly

Sure they can plug it back in but since it won't work in the new system (which is why it was redone in the first place) that won't solve anything.  Its not like a replacing a block in an AutoCAD drawing.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report