Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavisWorks 2014 Exporters Deployment

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1647 Views, 2 Replies

NavisWorks 2014 Exporters Deployment

We are trying to create a deployment which includes the Navisworks exporters for Revit 2014

We have tried from the original shipped deployment and no exporters are shown on the configuration.

We then tried the tip on http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/06/navisworks-2014-64-bit-explorer-plug-ins.html By using the revised setup.ini “Setup-with-NWExporters.ini” this listed the exporter’s options but did not provide the list of available exporters.

We have now tried the latest Navisworks service pack 1 “Autodesk_Navisworks_Exporters_2014_ML_Win_32_64bit_R1_dlm.sfx.exe” and have found that if we do a standalone install we have the exporters but if we try to create a deployment the exporters list is missing.

Standalone Install Exporters listed

Standalone Install Exporters listed

Deployment Install Exporters Missing

Deployment Install Exporters Missing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AndyG_ADSK
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not a problem.  If you make a deployment of the exporters, then it will install Revit 2014 exporters automatically if that is appropriate when the deployment is installed on client machines.

It makes no difference what you select when you create the deployment.  I will file a bug report as this is clearly confusing to people.

HTH

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AndyG_ADSK

Thx Andy, Smiley Happy

I have continued to create the deployment and it works!

If I understand correctly the logic behind this, for standalone installs the installation reads what applications you have installed on you PC then gives you a list.

For deployments it will not know what the predicted client as installed but will assess this upon deployment and install the relevant exporters.

I think Autodesk need to make this clear in the deployment creation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report