Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2014 Export from Revit Error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
petkirst76
633 Views, 1 Reply

Navisworks 2014 Export from Revit Error

I am having trouble exporting a view from Revit 2014 to an nwc file. I continue to get an error that says "No suitable geometry found. Please check what part you want to export in the "Navisworks settings" menu. 

After lots of searching, I have tried removing templates, changing the detail level, etc.  to no avail. 

When I go into the log file to see what the error is, I get this message, 

Autodesk.Revit.Exceptions.InvalidOperationException: Rendering is currently not supported in the running instance of Revit. One reason for that to happen is that rendering and material libraries are not currently available.
at Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(View3D view)
at NavisWorks11.LcIRevitBase.Export3DView(View3D view_3d, StateDictionary state_dict)
at NavisWorks11.LcIRevitBase.ExportDocument(String& return_message, ElementSet elements, LcIRevitParameters* params)

This export error started when I updated Revit, do I need a new Revit Material Library? How do I make "the rendering and material libraries available" 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The revit file has some links??? If have links they dont show in Navisworks

You have to append all revit files (links) into Navisworks

Filipe Francisco
Comunidade Autodesk - Português - Colaborador
Autodesk Certified Instructor | AutoCAD Certified | Revit Architecture Certified | Autodesk Expert Elite

YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN

Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou.

If the answer solved your problem, click Accept as Solution. This helps other users to quickly find an answer. And hit Like if you do.

Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report