Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVISWORKS 2014 Couldn't load file because contents are corrupt

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
jollybj
8521 Views, 15 Replies

NAVISWORKS 2014 Couldn't load file because contents are corrupt

One of our suppliers provided us a 3D Drawing - an NWD file and told us to download the Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2014 in order for us to view the said drawing. We've been using Windows 7 32Bit, running on an Intel Core i3 with 2GB RAM, 160GB HD and a motherboard build-in Graphics Adapter, and openning a .NWD file has no problem.

Just lately, we've upgraded the hardware now with Intel Core i5 with 4GB RAM, 500GB HD and a dedicated 1GB 128Bit Graphics Adapter, and the Software - now with Win 8.1, however upon openning the same 3D Drawing - NWD file with Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2014 we've encountered the following error:

Navisworks_Error.JPG

Is this a compatibility problem? Is Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2014 fully compatible with Win 8.1? I also tried installing the Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2014 with SP1 but same problem occurs.

Please help me solve this problem, I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas so may contribute just to solve this problem

Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: jollybj

Very few of the 2014 releases work with Win 8.1 (even fewer if migrated from Win 8 while programs are installed).  You might try the new 2015 release first, but you might need to roll back to Win 8 or even Win 7.

Side note - 4 GB is *very* limited RAM (unless you are running a x32 bit OS?).  8 GB (and x64 OS) is what I would set as a minimum for technical applications.  Not saying that will fix your active issue, but will almost certainly prevent some frustration later on.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 16
jollybj

Thank you for your reply. Im using Win 8.1 32 Bit and I cant find NAVISWORKS 2015 for 32 Bit and as far as I know only 64 Bit is available for download. Unless anyone here can teach or guide me or put a link where to download a 32 Bit NAVISWORKS.

Thanks everybody.

Message 4 of 16
dgorsman

The Freedom 2015 installer *may* include both x32 and x64 (can't check in detail right now, can't hurt to try).  But the better option would be to move to an x64 OS since more and more programs are no longer availabe in x32.

Message 5 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: dgorsman

Nope, Navisworks 2015 versions are 64-bit only:

see http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarti...

Users of 32-bits Windows will be stuck on Navisworks 2014.

I'm not happy with that, because many large companies have still are on win7 32-bit as OS.

Message 6 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

Our IT actually might not mind that.  While a lot of the non-designers and engineers are still running x32 operating systems, IT won't mind standardizing everybody on the same OS.

Message 7 of 16
jollybj

Thank you for your reply, this means to say that my problem has no solution because I can never upgrade from 32 Bit to 64 Bit OS due to majority of our applications works only for 32 Bit.

If NAVISWORKS will work only for 64 Bit OS, Is there any other way to view NWD files?

Any links to download a free viewer of NWD Files?

Thank you.

P.S. I'm not also happy with that NAVISWORKS 2015 could only be used for 64 Bit OS.
Message 8 of 16
pfreeman

I am also wondering why Autodesk haven't provided a 32 bit version of Freedom 2015. Do they really expect companies to have to upgrade hundreds of OS versions just for the sake of a Navisworks viewer?

Message 9 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: pfreeman

I suspect its similar to the reasons why its not supported on Vista: the numbers aren't there (at least, based on CIP comparison) and certain components aren't available for x32.

Message 10 of 16
jbrodnax

Does anyone know of somewhere where you can download archived versions of Navisworks Freedom. I need a 32Bit version and the last copy I have saved is 2013 not 2014. 

Message 11 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121

Where are those numbers ?

And I do not mean the sales numbers but the "installed base" numbers...

Message 12 of 16
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: jbrodnax

And indeed, the sales guys at Autodesk decided that the link to 32-bits version of Freedom has to be removed, so this is another example of a large IT firm acting arrogant and patronizing on their clients: "We decide that you have to use 64-bits windows if you want to be our client"

Message 13 of 16
dgorsman

Enable CIP and see where your computer stands in relation to the rest.  Not *entirely* accurate as not everybody participates in CIP but its still probably the best information they can go on for who is running what.

Message 14 of 16
tlewis

@jollybj wrote:

Any links to download a free viewer of NWD Files?

Direct Download Link

http://download.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/NAVFREE/DLM/Autodesk_Navisworks_Freedom_2014_ML_Win_32_6...

Silly Autodesk. taking features away from paying customers.... How are my construction teams going to be able to view their coordination models when you take software away from them that was and of no burden for you to continue to offer?

Our management staff have no need for 64bit operating systems just to view simple files. I expect our machines will not be all 64bit for 6-8 years (or longer) given the current advancement in hardware that we have.

Cheers.

Message 15 of 16
LorenzoVerde

I have the same issue trying to append an .rvt file with Naviswork 2016, win 8.1 64bit, 15gb Ram, intel core i7 2.50Ghz...
I don't think it's an hardware problem..

Message 16 of 16
LorenzoVerde

I have the same issue trying to append an .rvt file with Naviswork 2016, win 8.1 64bit, 15gb Ram, intel core i7 2.50Ghz...
I don't think it's an hardware problem..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report