Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2013 - Object Enablers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dennis
2237 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks 2013 - Object Enablers

Ref site:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=10382102&id=2334440&siteID=123112

Being on the support side for NW, I generally need to download all the OEs whether I specifically work with a CAD product or not.  Looking at the list of OEs for NW (from the site link above) I only see four: 1) CADmep, 2) Plant 3D, 3) Civil, and 4) the Structural Detailer.

What about AutoCAD Architecture/MEP, or Revit, or Inventor?  Any advice would be appreciated?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: dennis

Not sure about ACA or AMEP.  Revit opens natively now, but as a first-gen product there's always a few hiccups that keep it from being optimal.  Theres the NWC exporters for inside Revit as well, which have been available for several releases.  Inventor should open natively as well, for the past several versions and again, with a number of issues.  And again, there's the NWC exporters for inside the Inventor application.

Edit: object enablers typically only apply to applications which make use of AutoCAD and DWG format as a base and use non-standard objects e.g. Civil3D, ProStructures.  Programs that don't use DWG, like Revit and Inventor, use different file types which don't directly load into DWG-based applications.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: dennis

As dgorsman stated, OEs apply only to DWG-based products; primarily AutoCAD and its verticals, as well as RealDWG-based products like Navisworks. I'm presuming you're referring to Autodesk OEs as there are also third party OEs (far too many to list).

The Architecture object enabler is built into all versions of RealDWG that ship with Navisworks (most versions are specific to Navisworks i.e. their installation will not affect other DWG-based products and those other products will need the OE installing separately). The MEP OE merged with the ACA one in release 2010.

Thus selecting e.g. 2007 in the DWG Version Global Option in Navisworks will automatically include ACA, and selecting e.g. 2012 in that same version dropdown will automatically include ACA/MEP. All of this of course only applies to loading a DWG inside Navisworks. The Navisworks exporters use OEs installed against AutoCAD and/or verticals.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report