Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naviswork 4d simulation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1774 Views, 9 Replies

Naviswork 4d simulation

Hi,

I am trying to do a 4d simulationon on navisworks manage 2013 but instead of objects appearing from transparent to full view, I would like to have the objects drop in or have the steel beams extrude up from the ground. Is this possible and how can it be done.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to create and key frame animation for each object or group of objects and then link this animation to your task containing the same activity. It's possible to do some really complex stuff but it takes a lot of time in Navisworks. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

What do you mean by "create and key frame animation" can you elaborate?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

by the way, thanks for your reply

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Sorry that was a bit ambiguous of me, there are two types of "animation" in Navisworks - Viewport animation and Object Animation. What I meant to say was you need to create object animations and link these to your timeline tasks.

Go to View menu, under windows select "Animator", this is where you do object animations

Start by clicking on the green plus sign and adding a scene folder. Right click on the scene folder and Add Scene

Select the object you want to animate.

Right click the Scene and Add Animation Set - from current selection

With this animation set highlighted click on the camera icon to capture a keyframe. This puts a diamond keyframe and a vertical time marker on the animation timeline.

manuallly move the time marker line out to say 10 seconds

use the gismos to reposition your object, then save another keyframe of it in this position at 10 seconds

play the animation.

Look at the section called Animate Objects in the help menu for details of the tools.

Once you've created your object animations they will appear in the drop down selection box in timeliner against each task.

One tip is to put no more than 3 animation sets into one scene folder. Seems like extra work when navisworks lets you put multiple animations under the same scene, but trust me, it starts screwing with your work if you don't.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you very much. I will try to replicate your direction and let you
know the results.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvC4Q2wB3bk&feature=fvwp Please go through this video can you please explain me how can i do growth effect in navisworks. Can i able to do sectioning for selected objects or sets?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

You cannot do sections, but you can scale you objects in the keyframes 😉

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Ya man i saw it. They moving the columns from bottom to up and animating it. What i need is in this video please please go through it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQkDRXo7tLM

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

You're not the first to ask this question about this video. The short answer is you wouldnt want to do all this in naviswork at least not on this scale. Please search past answers and navisworks to 3dsmax.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report