Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naviswords Manage 2014 Clash Viewpoints Rendering

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cbodwin
978 Views, 10 Replies

Naviswords Manage 2014 Clash Viewpoints Rendering

Just recently I have started to run into an issue when creating a clash report with viewpoints, that the viewpoints are saving with the scene lighting which makes it difficult to view.  I have run thru all the Navis settings and cannot fiind anything that will make this change to just a head light setting.  Attached is a pic of what I am getting for the view.  Anyone have any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: cbodwin

Just some ideas: Try another background colour, Try not to look perpendicular
Message 3 of 11

I am having the same issue, not sure how/why it has changed but I can't see the clashes in the viewpoints anymore.....very frustrating. Everything in the attached view should be dimmed except the clashing objects, which should be bright red and bright green. Any updates? Autodesk?
Message 4 of 11
bwilliams78

I'm having the same problem and I can't seem to find a cause. This just recently started...
Message 5 of 11
eccross

It's happening to me as well...anyone figure out a solution to this yet?
Eric Cross
Ewing Cole - CAD/BIM Technician
www.ewingcole.com
Message 6 of 11

Haven't figured out a real solution yet- I've been manually going into each viewpoint and resetting the viewpoint lighting to "head light"..... hopefully it's fixed for Navis 2015....
Message 7 of 11

I just opened my file in 2015 and re-ran the report, and they view properly. Whatever the cause was, it looks like it was resolved for 2015. I was hoping that the 2014 service pack would have resolved the issue, but no luck there. Looks like I found a reason to jump to 2015 early.
Eric Cross
Ewing Cole - CAD/BIM Technician
www.ewingcole.com
Message 8 of 11
bwilliams78
in reply to: eccross

I did the same thing with 2015 and then saving it back down to a 2014 NWD to send to my subs. What's weird is this just started happening to me all of a sudden in this one project... I'm still hoping for a fix since we don't know how buggy 2015 is yet and I'm not sure I'm ready to upgrade.

Message 9 of 11
jkirk00

Doing the same thing for our projects also, making clash reports saved to viewpoints nearly useless. 2015 is worse, you can't disable the scene lighting from revit that comes over, making 2015 unusable for revit to Navisworks workflows, because it doesn't have Presenter anymore. It wipes out the default navisworks distance lights no matter what you tell it to use.

Message 10 of 11
bwilliams78
in reply to: jkirk00

So do you think if I opened the Revit file and changed the lighting there and re-imported it then my issue with the clash lighting would be fixed? That would be much easier than going to 2015 right now...

Confidentiality Notice - This electronic message may contain confidential information intended for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please disregard its contents, and destroy the message, together with any electronic or other forms of it. We also ask you notify the sender if you have received this message in error.
Message 11 of 11
jkirk00

No, the bugs in Navisworks 2014 and 2015 don't let the settings in the NWC to work. Even if you turn off light sources in the view properties and/or turn off the lights in the rendering scene, navisworks reads the lights source info from Revit. The only thing that works would be to turn off Lighting Fixtures, export to NWC and open in Navisworks with no lights.(navisworks will use the default two distance lighting scheme) Then, you could export the light fixures to autocad and append the dwg into the model. Worthless for electrical data and our use at our firm but it will let you clash the light component. One would think a program we org paid $10,000 for would work with Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report