Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navis Works Animator - render frames output and moving multiple keyframes

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jasonschaat
819 Views, 1 Reply

Navis Works Animator - render frames output and moving multiple keyframes

I've been using the animator in Navis Manage for fly-bys on several projects. One of the most frustrating issues with animator is the fact that you can’t select multiple key frames and move them along the timeline.  Every project I’ve rendered has crashed in the middle of rendering.

I always render individual frames and post composite using After Effects.  In 3D Studio, not only can you scale and move multiple key frames, but you can output a rendering based on the start and end of key frames, i.e. render from 258 thru 3060. This is very useful when a rendering crashes because all you have to do is render the frames from where it crashed to the end.

It seems that the Navis developers need to take some interface and functionality from the Maya and Max groups.  I know what you’re thinking.  If 3D Studio is so great why not just render it using that?  Well if anyone has ever tried to import a full 3D building with all MEP trades into MAX, you would know the answer to that question?

Autodesk Navis Developers, I’m pleading with you to add some enhancement to the animator feature please!!!! 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alan.quinn
in reply to: jasonschaat

Most is not all of what you posted is on a wish list or on development radar. I suggest leaving feedback at the below link. Information gathered is used to improve the application.

Product Contact Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report