I installed Navisworks Simulator 2010 in windows 7(64bit) with N/W License its works last time but recentely not.Even i cant run application if i click start -all programe-autodesk-navis sim 2010 link nothing appear please give me solutions ?
Edited by: prsekaran on Apr 30, 2010 2:31 AM
Please see this thread for recent discussions on the same issue in Navisworks Manage:
In summary, it might be one of several things:
1) There may be a hardware acceleration problem - open the standalone global options dialog and change the Interface > Display settings.
2) Your saved workspace file has somehow become corrupt - see instructions on that thread to delete that file (in the file path replace 'Manage' with 'Simulate').
3) You may have a bad installation of .Net Framework 3.5 (as occurred for a user on that thread).
Of course, it may be something completely different so the general approach for any crash should be:
1. Submit the Customer Error Report. If you can, include your email address and a comment explaining what you were doing. If your problem is one commonly seen, you will get a response explaining fixes and possible workarounds. If not, Autodesk get to know about the problem and can start working on a fix.
2. Try turning off hardware acceleration (graphics drivers are the most common cause of crashes at startup).
3. Try removing the lastsession.xml file to reset GUI layout back to the default state.
4. If you can, try using a different machine. A suprising number of problems are caused by hardware faults.
5. If you have a support contract, contact support.
I'm sorry to hear that you continue to have difficulty running Navisworks Simulate, but I think you are describing a different error now because the application was already open and running when the error occurred. You will need to submit the error report to Autodesk, adding additional comments to describe your actions at the time the error occurred.
Unfortunately without more information it will be very difficult to advise you how to resolve your problem.
A reformat of your system corrected the original error, but I expect the above link may have been your cause.
As for your exception issue- depending on where the exception occurs, errors of this nature can be tied to graphics card conflicts (An exception while opening or navigating a model) or installation corruption (An exception while starting the application).
First, turn off your Hardware acceleration. This can be done with Navisworks closed.
1.) Click Start > Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Navisworks **YOUR VERSION** > Options Editor and the Options Editor window will open.
2.) Click Interface > Display and uncheck “Hardware Acceleration”.
3.) Click “OK” to close the dialog.
4.) Try to start Navisworks.
Next I would update your Graphics card drivers to the manufacturer’s latest available version. Specific CAD drivers do not necessarily work best for Navisworks.
If newer drivers do not prevent the exception from occurring, I would “Repair” your installation from the Control Panel and retest. If the error occurs after a repair, uninstall the application entirely and delete the following folders on your system: