Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navis Manage 2014 Classic Interface?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cadbob
1491 Views, 5 Replies

Navis Manage 2014 Classic Interface?

What happened to the Classic Interface in 2014? Is there a way to get it back?

I don't believe you can do today's job with yesterday's methods and be in business tomorrow.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: cadbob

Gone.  We're not there yet, but I've still been pusing users to get used to the Ribbon-style interface so they don't get smacked in the face when they get to sofware which doesn't have a classic-style interface.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
cadbob

I was afraid but expecting that sort of, even thou Autocad based you can still make it work like the old dos based versions.

I don't believe you can do today's job with yesterday's methods and be in business tomorrow.
Message 4 of 6
johnphailey

Problem with Ribbons is they are harder to navagate, slower when you can just hit a button and some of the best features in the classic menu is missing.

Problem is the programers that comes up with this are not users. they end up making the application worse.

have you tried using the sectioning? I can set the planes, can't figure out how to scroll them. And where is the X,Y,Z veiws that you switch in a flash?

I've went back to version 2013 so I can get the feature back.

Come on Autodesk....Help us out.

Message 5 of 6
bd_blues
in reply to: johnphailey

You can thank Microsoft for this ribbon garbage. Navis, yes, it's very powerful, but it does not have that many bells and whistles that even a nube would need it. I have been using this software since the beginning and I use keybord SC to navigate and get my work done I DONT NEED A RIBBON TAKING UP SPACE AND ALSO SLOWING ME DOWN!!!! If fact, I would say 3/4 of the peple I meet don't even use it in AutoCAD!  LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AUTODESK!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

What are the positive benefits of completely doing away with the classic workspace? The ribbon workspaces take up way too much room, and are too concrete. At least with the classic view users can customize their workspace to their liking, as well work their way into using commands & quick-keys, and do away with more icons over time. IMO, cad users should always be working their way to being capable of drawing in a Clean Screen environment. Classic workspace allows them to work towards that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report