Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navis 2015 shows Inventor bodies which have visibility turned off

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BStrothcamp
374 Views, 3 Replies

Navis 2015 shows Inventor bodies which have visibility turned off

I use Factory Design Suite and have some assets that are mirrored with the original solids hidden. The assets are driven by parameters in the hidden bodies which translate over to the mirrored ones. In Navis 2015 the hidden bodies are appearing in my BIM model. Everything worked fine until 2015 upgrade.

To rule out any FDS and/or mirror issue I created a simple multi-body part in Inventor and turned off visibility for one of them. Navis will still show both bodies. I even tried making a view representation for it with same results.

I now have a huge BIM model with mirrored parts everywhere.

Has something changed? Its a quick test so hopefully someone can help me out fast!

Screenshot attached to help...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

In Navisworks, with the file Reader Options of Inventor, did you specify your Active Project ? I found out that this changed a lot when appending Inventor files.
If that does not help, try to make a frozen part in Inventor of what you need in Navisworks and attach that.
Message 3 of 4

I should have attached this in first place ha

Message 4 of 4

Indeed, same over here with this part. I see both the grey and the magenta one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report