Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling fireproofing in Navisworks Manage 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
plawton5092
419 Views, 2 Replies

Modeling fireproofing in Navisworks Manage 2013

Anyone:

We are running clash detection on two .NWC files exported from Revit MEP 2013.  The pipe and ductwork all have actual insulation installed in Revit (with varying thicknesses, depending on pipe system), but the steel doesn't show fireproofing.  We can't just use a global tolerance distance, instead we must add a 1-1/2" tolerance to ONLY the structural steel, in order for our clash detection to work properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeang
in reply to: plawton5092

We actually modelled the fireproofing with 2" "plates" and had to chamfer corners. I actually did it in a non-Autodesk software with a component all set up so that I could just apply it to the steel beams... a lot of work but no real work around.

The other thing I tried was to "Animate" the steel beams that were fireproofed to move 2" (or whatever the fireprotection thickness is) in every direction and run the clash detection with the animation linked to it... got varying results and both methods are cumbersome, but it got the job done.

Hope it helps.

Autodesk Autocad 2013 Certified Professional
Autodesk Revit 2013 Certified Profesional
Autodesk Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 3
johnedrickson
in reply to: jeang

Fireproofing is rendering somethin proof against fire, or incombustible; or material for use in making anything fire-proof.

flame retardant certification las vegas

flame retardant fabric cleaning las vegas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report