Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Disappearance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sunil.chaudhary
697 Views, 3 Replies

Model Disappearance

Hi

I am using navisworks manage 2014 in Factory design suite ultimate.I have a .nwd file of 8MB and while i orbit the model, some of the parts in the model disappears and regenerates after 2-3 seconds in the new orbited position.

Can anyone help regarding this. It is also creating problem while animating.

I am using Autodesk rendering option instead of presenter.

Thanks

Sunil 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: sunil.chaudhary

This is normal behavior.  Objects are "dropped out" to enable you to navigate smoothly through the model.  In order to keep everything shown while navigating you will require *exceptional* hardware.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
sunil.chaudhary
in reply to: dgorsman

Ok

Can you elaborate exceptional hardware for 8 MB file size. Or it doesn't depend on the file size.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: sunil.chaudhary

Doesn't depend *too* much on the file size, it will do that for anything of reasonable size/complexity.  For example, I can have a half-dozen boxes and no drop-out while navigating.  Its how Navisworks is designed to operate.  By dropping out objects, they don't need to be rendered (as in, shown on screen) allowing the camera to move smoothly through the model.  This way even modest computers can navigate very large, complex models.  There are a few settings (like setting objects as "required") but using them usually results in choppy camera movement.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report