Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Pipes in Navisworks NWD File

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aedwards83
1327 Views, 5 Replies

Missing Pipes in Navisworks NWD File

Hi,

I'm have trouble viewing pipe in Navisworks. The model I'm trying to veiw was drawn in Plant3D.  All layers are turned on and pipe looks fine in model, however when I open the drawing as DWG file in Navisworks some of my pipe is missing.  Any ideas?

See pictures for reference.

Thanks,

Alex Edwards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
check-kay.wong
in reply to: aedwards83

i think i have the same problem.

Message 3 of 6
snijdam
in reply to: check-kay.wong

same problem here but still no solution?

Message 4 of 6
check-kay.wong
in reply to: snijdam

They only solution i found is to re-save it (DWG file) with Autocad, not with a 3rd party soft.

is a turnaround.

Message 5 of 6
aedwards83

I recently found a solution to this problem. 

For the plant I am working on I created a master file that contains all x-refs for the project.  Within the master drawing everything was visible (Pipes, Tanks, Equip, etc.).  I saved the file and opened it in navisworks.  When opening the dwg file in navisworks I noticed that various pipes were missing that were shown in the model.  To fix this I returned to the Plant3D and opened the individual drawing at the location where the pipe was missing and found that the layer was turned off in that drawing.  I turned the layers back on, reloaded the xref in the master drawing and opened the file once again in navisworks.  All the pipe is now visible. 

The key for me was getting each drawing opened up and turning all layers on.  Just because you can see the linework as xref data doesn't mean it will show up in navisworks.

Message 6 of 6
check-kay.wong

i'll keep that in mind. thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report