Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Timeliner Data from NWDs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jean.Goyat
564 Views, 3 Replies

Merge Timeliner Data from NWDs

Hi all,

I'm trying to combine individual NWD files into one and retain the 4D data.

I understand that Navisworks only copies the data over if the IDs are identical (I'm using .csv files) but what happens if I add a new file with new IDs?

I was thinking I could create a master file with all the individual .csv files already in so that when I eventually update an NWD file, it gets updated in the master 4D file with the updated Timeliner information. Would that work?

Currently I'm having to relink everything in the master 4D file... pretty tiresome.

Thanks,

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I do not have much Timeliner experience, but what happens if you create a new NWF file and then append the 4 NWD files ?

In my experience, Viewpoints, animations and Selection Sets from the individual NWD's then become available in the NWF, so TimeLiner may also be available.

Message 3 of 4

Yes I thought as much! The only issue when you merge NWDs is that the timeliner data does not!

At least there are some constraints (Timeliner merge) which makes it difficult to keep a master NWF up to date.

I was hoping for a solution that would trick Navisworks in to thinking that Primary Links for the updated files always get added regardless of what's in the master NWF...

Thanks though

Message 4 of 4

There is a difference between "append" and "merge" a CAD or NWD file to an NWF. I talk about Append, and you write Merge in your answer. Did you try using both commands and saw any difference ?
If your TimeLiner Data is only in one of the NWD's, then start a new NWF, Append this NWD as the first file appended, then Append all other.
You possible will end up with some data (models, viewpoints) being present twice or more, but the question then is if the TimeLiner Data is there....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report