Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory issues in Navisworks Manage 2014

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Ahatz
3145 Views, 10 Replies

Memory issues in Navisworks Manage 2014

So I have NWM 2013 and 2014 on my HP Elitebook 8740w. I'm going through some training material from Ascent. When I load a certain file in 2013 I can fly around, walk play animations fine, but when I load the same file in 2014, it grinds to a halt in about a minute. If I look at task manager, memory used in 2013 is about 280K, in 2014 the same file it's over 5 Gig......any ideas why this may be happening?

I've tried 3 different graphics drivers with no difference.

Win7 Pro 64

Nvidia QuadroFX 3800M

8GB ram

Thanks

Alex

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: Ahatz

can you post the file?

its possible to be a memory leak in 2014

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

are you running navisworks 2014 from the factory design suite?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
Ahatz

Yes...Factory Design Suite

The file is attached and it's from the Ascent training book examples. It was a 2012 file originally.

Shucks it's over the limit...I'll try and zip it

Message 5 of 11
DarrenP

see if this hotfix will help: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21674717&linkID=16831210

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
Ahatz

Okay...I'll report back

Thanks

Message 7 of 11
Ahatz

That worked great....memory usage is normal now, and all seems fine..

Thank you very much!!

Message 8 of 11
jbartolo77

We are having very similar issues all of a sudden on all of our machines which are using Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2014.  Software issues include:

- Files crashing upon opening exactly at 46% +/-

- Memory usage sky rocketing upon trying to open a specific file

- Taking over an hour to update all clash sets

- Out of memory messages while trying to load .nwf files

I have tried to install the hotfix mentioned above an every single time on every single machine, we get the same error which states "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by te windos installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing...".  If anyone has or knows of this hot fix for the setup we are using, please share as this is impeeding us from properly completing our Virtual Construction efforts at hand.   We are using 64 bit machines and have run the service pack 1 for navisworks 2014 however, as more and more projects are setup this way, the more issues we are encountering.  Updates should take no longer than a minute, instead when the software does work, we find ourselves wainting an hour for updates.  Another possibility we are currently looking into is Revit export settings?  We have never had this issue before but we are checking all options.   Currently working with technical support from our end but no good suggestions or fixes have been provided as of yet. 

Any assistance, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Julien Bartolo

Message 9 of 11
richardparker
in reply to: jbartolo77

Hi Julien,

We recently release a hotfix that should address the issues that you are experiencing. You can find the hotfix here..

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22506086&linkID=10382102 

Best regards,

Richard

Message 10 of 11
nikhil.ingale0411

Hello,

I am facing the same problem, but the link you have psted is no longer working will you please update it,

thanks

Message 11 of 11

Do you have SP2 installed for Manage 2014 ?
All 2014 downloads can be found at
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/downloads#?ADSKContentGroup-local=Download...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report