Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring diameter in Navis

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
suresh_290979
6760 Views, 2 Replies

measuring diameter in Navis

Hi,

i am new to Navis and i am using the true viewer Freedom 2014. i am unable to measure the diameter in the model. Kindly give idea to measure the dia and the distance between two diameters. i enable the sanpping option by click vertex, edge and line vertex.

Suresh

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: suresh_290979

There is no means to measure diameter directly, since there are no curves.  For the most part, eyeballing to opposite edges should produce acceptable accuracy.  If precise measurements are required, hopefully the object will have the appropriate properties otherwise other software would be more suited.

You can get the distance between two curved surfaces with the closest-point measurement when the two objects are selected.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
suresh_290979
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi dgorsman,

thank you for your solution. From your reply, i came to know that how to take a shortest distance between the objects. So, by this i can manage the show. but, if able to directly measure the diameter in Navis, it would be fine.

Suresh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report