Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure from level below not origin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
684 Views, 3 Replies

Measure from level below not origin

Hi

How do I take a measurement that gives me a result from the level I am working on,

For example, if I take a measurement from the bottom of my duct on the Ground Floor of my model I get 3200mm in the z direction, which is correct from the ground floor, but when i take a measurement from the bottom of duct on the first floor I get 7200mm, which is also correct but from the GF FFL.

How do I take the measurement from the first floor FFL?

I am taking measurements by clicking on my element once and taking a reading from the z direction as attached (e.g. the 7052mm measurement)

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

Select the Duct

selct also the floor using the Control key

The 7th button of the measurement dialog will become available (measue shortest distance, see your own screenshot)

use this button

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

I have masses of services, steel and ceilings etc in between the ceiling void and the floor. I need to quickly take a measurement from the bottom of my services from the FFL, i.e the bottom of pipes, steelwork, trays, duct etc.

I could take a standard measure as you have described from point to point and zooming/panning to select elements,but this is not what I am after.

I want to click on an item with the point measurment tool and take a measure from FFL instantly in the z direction.

This worked previously and always gave me the measurement from the floor that I was on, not from the project basepoint/level as it does now

It has changed to this setting for some reason.

Does anyone know the setting to measure from the floor that you are on as originally posted.

Message 4 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

A workaorund:
select (all) the model(s) you need in the Selection Tree
user File Units and transform to move them (temporlarly) until your floor level is moved to 0,0,0
Then start measuring.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report