Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials, Timeliner and FBX

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Logos_Atum
359 Views, 2 Replies

Materials, Timeliner and FBX

Hello there,

I think it´s a bit odd that I need to import Inbventor files to showcase in order to keep the materials as they ought to be.

How? I export a FBX file out of Showcase which I open in Navisworks.

The really hard part is that I can´t run a animated construcion sequence from this file because the FBX container is one

level to deep spoken of the hierarchy to automatically add a timeliner sequence.

One way to get the animation and another to get the materials? That leaves me with two questions....

1.     How to reorganize the selection hierarchy in order to automatically assign Time liner activities?

2.     How to get Navisworks to import materials from Inventor files as proper as Navisworks files?

The attached picture shows the finished import to Navisworks-

FBX from Inventor via Showcase

And IAM Import directly from Inventor

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Correction

I should be reading my posts more carefull...

2.     How to get Navisworks to import materials from Inventor files as proper as Showcase FBX files?

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Could some Autodesk official kindly add some hint how to solve to this topic or is it impossible without heavy manual work?

I need a silk road to Navisworks...I tried multiple programs, tools and converters- it just won´t work...

The problem is as in the picture attached...

Is changing the structure that hard? Do I need the SDK? The quality improvement and the reduction in post import work would

be tremendous...

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report