Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Quantity consumption with time

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
323 Views, 1 Reply

Material Quantity consumption with time

Is there a way in which I can get a graph of the planned quanitity of materials consumed with time? Eg: If my schedule contains : Framing from day 1 to day 10, and the total number of frames to be installed is 100, is it possible to obtain a graph whih depicts this rate of consumption of frames?

My goal is to find the rate of consumption of different materials using Navisworks.

Thanks

Shiv

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Interesting question... but I don't know of anything out of the Navisworks box that would do that. You would need to combine the Timeliner tool with the Quantification tool and basically ressource-load the schedule you are importing into Navis.

Using the API you could then export both the Timeliner information and the Quantification information and link both using the GUID (or another ID) to combine both. Last step is to create the graph in a spreadsheet software.

And that's assuming both your schedule and your model are divided into manageable chunks, at a level of detail that allows you to track quantities at a daily level. Not an easy task... I'd be interested in knowing what you come up with!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report