Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage license gets checked out w/ Simulate users running Simulate

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jasonnichol3086
608 Views, 1 Reply

Manage license gets checked out w/ Simulate users running Simulate

This has become an annoying problem that has escalated recently w/ more 3D going on in our office.

We have 3 Navis Simulate seats, and 1 Navis Manage seats. We have several users obviously, and we all use simulate and coordinate when someone needs to clash, they get Manage. The problem is, for some reason it will keep a Manage license checked out for someone using Simulate.

I go and physically look and confirm the users, there will be two users with Simulate open. Then I will go to the server and open LMtools and do a server status, and it will show one Simulate, and one Manage open instead of two Simulates.

The end result being of course that we're effectively shut out of Manage at times. What gives?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: jasonnichol3086

We had the same problem - it's the staged licensing which allows Simulate to run with a Manage license.  What we have found is putting the Simulate data in the LIC licensing file *above* the Manage data lets the license manager pull all the Simulate licenses before pulling a Manage license.

But I do agree - having Simulate pull a Manage license is very annoying.  The only way to really clamp down on this is to restrict Manage license use by user with the license options file, but who wants to keep updating that if there is high staff turn-over?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report