Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Visible - Search Set Gone in NW2013????!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
seanzook4385
861 Views, 10 Replies

Make Visible - Search Set Gone in NW2013????!!!!!

Greetings folks

Anyone else notice the Make Visible function on the "right click" context menu of search sets is gone in NW2013.

Make Visible is not the same as unhide. Make visible would unhide geometry even if the parent model/folder is hidded. This was very helpful for isolating particular elements. Great for only turning on the items you wanted to clash.

Any thoughts on why it is gone? Or where it went? Can it be returned?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: seanzook4385

Despite normalising the name when we added the ability to hide sets from the context menu as well, the intent was that because it's on the context menu of a set, it should do exactly as Make Visible did, and show the set - i.e. the user is explicitly signalling intent to unhide/show/make visible/reveal that set.

That it does not change the state of grouping items above it and thus make sure the set is actually revealed was not part of the intent. I've raised an issue for this.

(Perhaps Show might be a better name in future, plus it's actually a word)

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 11
seanzook4385

If I am understanding you correctly, this was an oversight and something the team is going to fix?

Message 4 of 11
seanzook4385

This issue was not resolved by the Navisworks 2013 Service Pack 1. Any update on when it will be resolved?

Message 5 of 11
seanzook4385

Working on sequencing a project today and severly hampered by "Make Visible" being no longer available for Selection Sets!

Message 6 of 11
tfischer

Any new updates on this issue??

i am running into thetame problem. I used the "make visable" in the timelines when trying to show the sequence of structural steel, with the overall file hiddenjoists "make visable" each set of joists in sequence. When trying to "unhindered" theindividual sets, it will not show up since the overall steel file is set to hidden.

I need this fixed or a workaround!!!!!

Message 7 of 11
seanzook4385

My work around was to go back to using Navisworks 2011.

I'm really frustrated also. I needed to develop some simple phasing planning exhibits and was unable to do them using 2013.

Message 8 of 11
tfischer

trust me, already tried going back to an earlier verison but we no longer have any of the older verisons installed on our network.

Sigh.

I hope this gets fixed or something added in that achieves the same goals, because this is quite frustrating I agree. I also was doing a 4-d schedule for a presentation over the weekend and it made it about 10000x harder than it needed to be, simply because that one, small option was overlooked.

Message 9 of 11
tfischer
in reply to: tfischer

Any updates?

Message 10 of 11
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: tfischer

This issue has been addressed in NW2013 SP2.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 11 of 11
seanzook4385
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

NW2013 Service Pack 2 does fix the issue. However please note it appears that the "Hide" & "Unhide" right-click commands will be hidden when you first make the Search Set. Once you click on another search set and then click back on the one you made it the commands will ungray themselves.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report