Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Navisworks to Primavera P6

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
squiersm
1247 Views, 0 Replies

Linking Navisworks to Primavera P6

I'm currently attending the Milwaukee School of Engineering. I have a number of assignments that involve me creating 4D schedules using navisworks this quarter. My school run a local sql database for Primavera p6 and we have licenses for both p6 and navisworks 2015. During the course of creating a 4d schedule for our last project we came across a number of issues. First, despite knowing the server addres and port, I have not been able to log into the primavera p6 database from navisworks. Because of that we have had to resort to converting the primavera project to an MPX file. Thie conversion causes us to lose the hierarchy we are using (Masterformat->Area). We have tried a number of times to convert the p6 schedule to an MPP, but everytime we try to refresh the task hierarchy, navisworks 2015 crashes. We would prefer to link directly to our p6 database, but dont have the knowledge to make it happen. Does the admin have to set certain permissions to allow someone to access a p6 sql database from navisworks? Are there instructions to link a developer sdk to the school's sql database to allow for a local DSN for navisworks to use? IS there someway not to lose my schedules hierarchy when exporting it from p6? I have a second assignment due in less than two weeks, so any help would be extremely helpful. Here is an example of the project we just finished, we are just trying to streamline the process and schedule editing: https://msoe.box.com/s/4bk1errhtyf9ia41qchaeopkze0a6dqx

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report